Dendron is free, and it fills my requirements for note-taking.
- Text-based, to avoid vendor lock-in
- Note Linking
- Mobile Editing
- Storage in Git
It supports the following notable features.
- Markdown notes to keep things simple.
- Front Matter to annotate your notes with a title and description.
- Schemas allow you to enforce structure in your notes.
- Workspace and vaults to organize your notes.
- Hierarchies to further organize your notes.
- Graph View to visualize your notes and quickly find them.
I needed a way to edit and create notes on the run. I also wanted to save photos to my notes, and lo n’ behold, GitJournal meets both requirements.
I’ll update this post as I learn more. Dendron, paired with Gitjournal, is a suitable solution with many benefits. The markdown-based note-taking world is full of colorful tools. Now that my notes are text-based new opportunities are on the horizon.